Volunteering at EvergreenHealth Monroe
Have you ever wanted to give back to your community and not known how? Are you retired or not currently employed, and looking to spend time providing a meaningful service to the members of your community?
Join the volunteer program at EvergreenHealth Monroe!
Our program generates close to 10,000 hours of community service each year. The value of this time is worth much more than the dollars saved – volunteers allow the hospital to continue to provide caring service and a personal approach by “keeping quality healthcare close to home.”
In return, volunteers gain valuable experience and educational skills as well as provides an opportunity to give back to the community and meet great people.
Student volunteers (both college and high school) have found volunteering to be a great introduction to a career in the medical field.
By becoming a volunteer at EvergreenHealth Monroe, you will make a six month commitment helping once a week for a 2-4 hour shift.
We have a variety of positions available, including:
- Greeting visitors in the lobby
- Assisting staff on the medical surgical unit
- Providing basic office assistance
- Assisting in the hospital gift shop
- AAT team of trained Animal Assisted Therapy dog and handler visiting patients
Apply to Become a Volunteer
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, and are at least 18 years old, complete our online Volunteer Services application.
Under the "what Kind of volunteering are you interesting in" section, but sure to check Hospital-based (EvergreenHealth Monroe).
Hospital-based Volunteer Orientation
If you have completed your interview and health clearance for a hospital-based volunteer position:
- Please proceed to the Volunteer Orientation section below.
If you have not completed your interview and health clearance for a hospital-based volunteer position:
- Please see the Volunteer Application and information. When you have completed the interview and received your health clearance, you will be directed to complete the Volunteer Orientation.
Please complete these parts to the Hospital-based Volunteer Orientation:
Bring your signed Agreements to your next appointment with Volunteer Services.
Please call the Volunteer office at 360.805.6304 or email PNoel@evergreenhealthmonroe.com.