As recommended by the CDC, we are now requiring that everyone – patients, visitors, physicians, staff and vendors – wear a mask when visiting any EvergreenHealth Monroe facility to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please bring a disposable or cloth mask, or a homemade face covering such as a t-shirt or a bandana, from home and wear it for the duration of your visit.
Visitor Restrictions and One Designated Visitor Policy
Updated August 4, 2020
For the safety of our patients and others, we are limiting visitors in our hospital, EHMG practices (Primary Care, Urgent Care, Specialty Care) and other areas of care. Every patient and visitor will be screened (temperature and health questions) for COVID-19 symptoms at specific entrances.
EvergreenHealth Adult Inpatient Visitor Policy
- Hospital inpatients may have ONE (1) designated visitor per day. If you’re the first to visit today, then you are today’s visitor; tomorrow, it may be another family member or friend. For the safety of all, your loved one may have one designated visitor PER DAY. We suggest you coordinate with friends and family ahead of time to designate each day’s visitor. Each visitor will bring a personal face covering.
- The designated visitor may stay as long as he/she would like but may only enter during screening hours – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The designated visitor is permitted to stay the night as long as he/she enters the hospital during designated screening hours – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Upon arrival, the designated visitor will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. The designated visitor will then proceed to the patient’s room.
- Visitors may visit the café where they will remain masked (except when eating or drinking), practice social distancing and follow hand hygience guidelines.
- COVID-19 positive patients or patients under investigation (PUI) for COVID-19 may not have visitors.
- Patients who are at the end of life may have two visitors.
EvergreenHealth Monroe Children's Visitor Policy
- Children under age 18 are not allowed in our facilities at this time unless they are the patient.
EHMG Practices (Primary Care, Specialty Care)
- Each EvergreenHealth Medical Group practice may have specific visitor policies due to patient population, waiting room space in respects to social distancing, etc.
- If you’re visiting one of our practices and have specific questions regarding their visitor policy, please contact them directly.
General EvergreenHealth Monroe Visitor Policy Exceptions
- Patients undergoing surgery or procedures may have one visitor who must leave the hospital as soon as possible after the procedure/surgery.
- Patients who have an appointment at a clinic or treatment area, laboratory, or radiology, as well as those visiting the Emergency Department may have one person with them.
PLEASE NOTE: children under age 18 are not allowed in our facilities at this time unless they are the patient.
Visitor Screening for COVID-19
Every patient and visitor will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Those who are experiencing any symptoms will be asked to practice good hand hygiene, and travel only to and from their destination during their visit. (Please note: twice per shift, we have been screening hospital employees who come into contact with patients.)
Screenings will take place at our Emergency Department entrance. All other entrances/exits will be closed.